T.W. Ministries provide Outreach service to the Homeless and Section 8 Communities (Booker T Washington housing) of Austin. Every Saturday we provide a Church Service, complete with Praise and Worship, Testimony, Message, and an Alter Call. After the message a full meal is served to our guests. At the conclusion of every service we distribute clothing, shoes and Bus Passes to the guests. Each service is an opportunity for the volunteers to share the love of our Savior Jesus Christ to those less fortunate in our city. Everyone is welcome to serve, and kids are encouraged to help serve alongside their parents.
OneCommunity & Real Life Austin supports T.W. Ministries the first Saturday of each month with a volunteer team to assist with the Church service, meal and/or clothing distribution. The services are usually at the North Door, 502 Brushy St. Austin, TX, 78702; located one block East of I-35 on the corner of Brushy Street and East 5th on the East side of the historic 501 Studios building. Parking is available on the street or in the lot across the street.
Volunteer opportunities are:
– Set up (11:30am) and tear down (3:00pm)
– Visit with guests
– Serve tea and water throughout service
– Prayer; for T.W. during service, for guests to be receptive to T.W.’s message, during alter-call and with guests after message
– Serve food after worship
– Clean up restrooms and meeting area after service
OneCommunity & Real Life Austin’s Saturdays in 2015 are January 3, February 7, March 7, April 4, May 2, June 6, July 4, August 1, September 5, October 3, November 7, and December 5.
In addition to Saturday services, T.W. Ministries maintains a Clothing Closet, Food Pantry and supports a Safe House for women. T.W. Ministries has 6 special service events each year. In 2014 these events will be:
– Saturday April 4; Easter Celebration
– Saturday June 6; Jesus’ Dirty Feet
– Saturday July 4; 10 year Anniversary of T.W. Ministries
– Saturday August 8; Back to School Drive for Section 8 families
– Saturday November 21; Thanksgiving Service
– Saturday December 19; Christmas Service